Tuesday, March 23, 2010

head hung in shame

Its been 2 months since my last post. I am a slacker. Now I'll try to play catch up. I'm gonna sort our family's happings by person.



NICK
Nick's hasn't been working much lately. He's waiting for the ground to defrost in New Mexico, so he's been home with me:) Its been fun. He's finished his entire honeydo list plus a lot more. With traveling around, we've let repairs pile up and he's finally had the time to work on them. He also build me a chicken coop. Our chicks will be big enough for it next week. I'm glad that when I say "Hey Nick I want a chicken coop." he doesn't think I'm crazy, he just builds what I want and wishes me luck. Nick turned 29 this last month.

the coop

DESTINY

After spending 7 months between trashy rentals, motels, and rvs I'm really glad to be home. Its fun seeing new places, but relaxing being home. When we moved from Bagdad, we didn't unpack anything so I spent a lot of time organizing our house. It was some serious spring cleaning. After rearranging the entire house, I had a crazy idea to paint the house. So I did our kitchen, family room, dining room, and living room. I'm done painting for a least a month:) I love to bake and didn't really do any since June so I've baked at any reason available. birthdays, presidents day, az statehood day. I also had birthday this month. The big 26 and yes I know I'm still young. In our family we get to pick out what we want for dinner on your b-day. Every year is the same. Nick wants steaks, Colter wants pizza, and I want Hawaiian haystacks. Nick hates haystacks so it's the only time we have them.

Kitchen... doesn't everyone keep bikes in their kitchen Living room aka home teacher room except we've never had home teacher over

Family room, of course Dora's on


COLTER
Is losing his toddlernes and gaining plain boyness. Loves to follow around daddy with his own tools. Questions everything I tell him. His prayers are great. They're not short, but hard to keep a straight face through. He usually asks his toys to be safe, that we can play mario, he can do his homework (he doesn't have any), thank you that we can bless the food, he and Brooklyn can play trucks, and it keeps going. Sometimes when Brooklyn and Colter are playing, Colter will help Brooklyn pray. Its too cute. He loves his CTR ring and wears it all the time. He's got a great imagination and is always finding something new to do. I can't believe that next year he'll be in school.

He made a pool out of this tub for him and Brooklyn to go swimming in


Pretending to be Brooklyn's baby


mugshot



BROOKLYN
Our monkey. She climbs and gets into everything. She turned 2 in Feb. and does have to many terrible 2 moments. She's such a special part of our family. She loves to be loved. She's always full of hugs and kisses. She looks up to Colter and will do anything he asks her to do. She loves chocolate, music, clothes, baby dolls and Dora. She has to have a doll in bed with her at night. When she's really upset, Dora will cure it.



Brooklyn with her birthday cake


Playing with one of her many babies


helping me bake. Taste testing is the most important job

2 comments:

Jennie said...

This is so great and I love that mug shot of Colter!!! Miss you guys!

Johnson Family said...

oh my goodness! seeing this post made me miss you guy sooooooo much!! I was sooo truly bummed to not go and see you last week. I guess it was smart though to put my health first, but definitely not as fun!!!
your house and painting job look amazing and I have never seen such an awesome chicken coop. Now I have a new reason to come down there.... to see the chicks!!! (Like I need another reason)
I really, really, really miss you. I have been baking a lot too when I am feeling up to it and I will have to share some new awesome recipes with you.
Love you guys soooo much!
Christa