Thursday, July 2, 2009

Home is where the heart is

Well we've moved. It was hard and sad to say goodbye to Bagdad. It has been home to us for the past 2 years. We knew that the day would come, we just wished it didn't come so soon. We're now in Artesia New Mexico. We're only going to be here for about a month and then on to Ship Rock New Mexico. This is our 15th move since we've been married so I guess I've kinda gotten use to how it goes. It took me a couple of days, but I found a furnish dump house for us to live in. Yes its in the ghetto, but its better than a motel and Nick thinks he wouldn't make it being alone. This has been the hardest move we've made. We really loved Bagdad and wanted to stop traveling, but the Lord thinks He knows best. I've been trying to stay positive and think of the good things about being here, so here's my top ten
1. Being in a small house, we will become closer as a family
2. Since we're in New Mexico instead of Arizona we can have fireworks for the 4th of July
3. There's more than just a Bashas to shop at
4. I get to feel more appreciative of what we have
5. Great Mexican food
6. Being in different house lets me see what I want & don't want in my dream house
7. A full size bed means Nick & I will have to snuggle
8. We get to see and smell new things, like the oil refinery. They call it the "Sweet smell of success" I call it the smell ofrotten eggs.
9. Having no TV means I'll get to entertain the kiddos and Nick & I will get to have conversations
10. Having nothing to do and no friends, I get to try things I've always wanted to do but didn't have the time for.


The new house

Now you don't need the tour, that's the whole house minus the bathroom



5 comments:

aboringfam said...

My kids think that New Mexico is a whole different country. So they think it is cool that you moved. Don't you just hate waiting to see what the Lord has for you in the future. Time will some how make it better or at least you may get use to the smell. To bad you couldn't move to Hershey PA.

Unknown said...

don't forget what happened last time you were in a small town without t.v. or very many things to do. :) miss and love you!!!!

T. Sipes said...

I'm glad that you guys found a place to stay for the month. We miss you guys already. Good luck!!

Johnson Family said...

this post was so funny/sad.. I can't decide if it was more funny or more sad... hum.... the other day I went through "Destiny withdrawl" the way Colter and Will used to get with each other. I called Morgan and said that I needed to go somewhere cause I was going to go crazy... I needed Destiny!!!!!
Somehow I got through it though, thanks to a lot of chocolate and a book to read and I know that somehow you will get through it too. I love you and when you get settled in that Rock place in New Mexico.. I am ready for a ROAD TRIP to come and see you.

Darrell and Ashlee said...

I didn't know you guys had a blog!! it is so cute! your family is adorable!! keep in touch!