Monday, February 16, 2009

Be My Valentine

On Saturday, Nick and I went on an actual date. No sippy cups, diapers, or whining. Yes completely kidless. We did things we haven't done in a long time. Movie and nice sit down dinner. We had a lot of fun. I of course worried a little about our kids. It was the first time we have ever left them with a teenage babysitter. They did good. A Colter gave me comforting words as we left. He said "I wont miss you." And he didn't. We watched Mall Cop. I thought if was really funny. I like the actor(Kevin James) because he's funny without a lot of cussing. We ate at Red Lobster. It was a long wait, but worth it. We came home to calm kids ready to go to bed. Maybe we'll start dating more often. Now I'll need to know what the going rate for babysitting is...the babysitter's mom said I paid to much. So I need some advice on how much to pay. We paid her $4/hour. I looked on some babysitting calculator(yes, there really is one) and it says to pay $6/hour.

3 comments:

Johnson Family said...

I echo your sentiments.. I never quuite know how much to pay the babysitter....
Glad you had a great date though..
See you soon..
Christa

Johnson Family said...

o.k. so just now I pulled up your blog to see how great the background you made looks, and I was astonished! it is soooo cute and looks so amazing! You are so talented!!!!!
p.s. sorry for making Nick come up to the church and pull away a screaming Colter who just wanted to be part of the Scouting program like the rest of them...

Mamma Betts said...

i usually pay $2/hour/child. Si for me that is $6/hour.