Wednesday, February 25, 2009

They call them HOT coals for a reason

On Friday Nick volunteered me to make dutch oven food for some guys he works with. He said this with the catch that he would help...but that's a different story. So I was in the back yard stirring and checking various delicious dishes. Colter kept getting close so he could see. I would very calmly yell GET BACK ITS HOT! Despite repeating this numerous times, he did get to close. No, not a trip to the ER close but enough to burn a hole in his shoe. I've never seen it happen and its still funny. So here's so proof that the coals are hot. Hopefully next time he'll remember to stay back, they were his favorite shoes.






2 comments:

aboringfam said...

Oh my. They really got burned. He's one lucky kid. Or not because now he has no flip-flops.

The Armijo Family said...

Well I am glad that he is ok. that is a crazy burn mark in the shoe